Saturday, 17 October 2009
Recipe: Bacon and Eggs Supreme
Bacon and Eggs Supreme (my own recipe)
Serves 4 - 6 people
1 packet of turkey bacon (4 slices of chicken or turkey lunch-meat optional depending how many people you are cooking for)
6 Eggs (you can easily add more depending how many people you are cooking for)
1/2 packet/bag of peas, frozen
Kalamata olives, 15
Dill; 1 heaped tablespoon
Lemon pepper & salt seasoning; 1 teaspoon
Cumin; 1 tablespoon
Season all seasoning 2 teaspoons (I use 21 seasoning salute from Trader Joe's)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Juice of 2 lemons (optional)
I served my bacon and eggs with green and yellow beans that I marinated in lemon juice and with a small side salad, but you could serve it with any vegetables that you desire.
1. Take a large frying pan or saucepan.
2. Cut the bacon (and lunchmeat) up into strips and place in pan. Add olive oil and saute until it slightly browns.
3.Take a bowl and whisk up the eggs and add the lemon salt seasoning to them. Pour the eggs in the pan with the bacon and mix them up; you may need more oil.
4. Add the other seasonings and spices. When the eggs have cooked, add the peas and cook them until they are warmed through and defrosted. Taste one of the peas to see if they are warmed through enough.
5. Add 15 kalamata olives and then squeeze the juice of 2 lemons on top.
6. Taste some of the eggs and meat to check on the seasoning level. When you are happy with it, it is ready.
You can always put the herbs and seasonings on the table so that who you are cooking for can help themselves if you would like more.